THE LATEST THEME:
We Post As We Choose!

Friday, April 20, 2012

WW 2 by Shawn Dueck


...as in Wonder Woman #2.

This is what I had planned to do for the Wonder Woman theme week, but ran out of time; so here it is for the Ladies Of The DC Universe theme.

I actually had a lot of fun doing this.

As previously mentioned, I don't enjoy doing mechanical objects. Thankfully, Google SketchUp
had a simple model of a Messerschmitt BF 109 in their library, so I was able to sort it into the view I wanted and export it as a 2D png file. I then shamelessly traced my line drawing from that. Lots of photo refs for the details ( which I then proceeded to blur the heck out of).

Wonder Woman herself was drawn directly in Painter.
Colour work in Painter, plus some noise and a scratchy film overlay for that retro look.

No comments:

Post a Comment